Born on the 23/09/1984 in a small intimate township called Namakgale (LIMPOPO province).
• TUT Graduate (ND: Public Management)
• Former student leader (former SRC’s information and publicity officer 2004-2005 TUT)
• Former Treasury General of TUT Convocation (2014-2016)
• Former Member of TUT Council (2014-2016)
• Entrepreneur of the Year 2017 Finalist (Emerging Business)
• Mail and Gaudian 2017 Top 200 Young South African
Gauteng Premier’s Special Award for Economic Development and Entrepreneurship
• 2018 YALI (The Young Africa Leadership Initiative) Business and Entrepreneurial Development Track Adjudication Panel.
• 2018 Africa Youth Summit Speaker
• Entrepreneur of the Year 2019 Finalist (Small Business Entrepreneur)
• 2019Country and Reginal (SADC) Winner of Africa’s Most Influential Women in Business and Government
• SA Premier Business Awards finalist (SMME Award)
The story started when shopping would be a nightmare for Ouma Tema, its either she found what she wanted but never in her size. Everything in her size had grandma written all over them. When life gave the business woman lemons she decided to make lemonade.
Ouma Tema started making her own clothes sharing it on social media, friends and fellow plus size ladies kept on asking where she got all the clothes and sharing with her their shopping frustrations. She saw the gap in the market and launched her own fashion brand targeting plus size women. Her mission is to challenge the stereotype concept that curves have no place in the fashion industry.
From operating out of the boot of her car and garage at her apartment, today Plus-Fab has a fully-fledged production factory employing 16 people and sell through the one of SA mainstream Online store Superbalist and Zando and fastest growing retail chain The Space at the following Branches:
Gauteng : Rosebank, Clearwater, Brooklyn, Woodlands, Mall of Africa, Menlyn, Cresta and Sandton
KZN : Gateway and Pavilion mall
Western Cape : Cavendish and Canal walk mall
For more info: www.plus-fab.com